Sunday, November 20, 2005

Two Worlds


A distant fog becomes the horizon

of the wide expanse of gulf water.

Rolling ripples of waves undulate,

breaking softly

on the white sand beach.

The early morning calm

forces restlessness

to be ignored

as it is overlaid with pleasure

in a comforting warm

breeze.

The damp air coats my body,

the legend of my footprints

in the sand

is washed and vanish by…

into the relentless tide

Thought slides inward

as I absorb my environment

metamorphing from observer

to participant,

totally immersed.

I treasure these infrequent moments,

always vowing to return;

to become a permanent

resident of an idyllic world.

If only I could

step into the scene

created by my words;

close the entranceway,

and spend eternity

observing you

as you

experience my creation,

but

then,

what becomes of the

underlying restlessness

that must emerge

from the

overlaid

reality?

Evans C. Reitman-Swiss © 6-2004

No comments: